A valid passport is required for non-EU citizens for entry into Romania and the EU.
An identity card is sufficient for citizens of EU Member States (and Switzerland).
Depending on your country of residence, you may need to get a visa to travel in Romania.
Information for citizens of countries that do not require a visa to enter Romania may be found at
If you do require a visa, please visit the official website to get information about deadlines, visas costs and conditions.
It is the responsibility of the attendee to determine if they need for a visa. The ICTON2018 cannot be held responsible for the validity or lack thereof for any passport or visa.
Visa applications are currently subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past. For invitation letters please contact us by email at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Mr./Ms. Name and Surname
- Affiliation (organization/company name)
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Birth date and place of birth
- Passport number and expiration date
- Name of session/paper you are speaking/presenting
Visa letters will only be issued to:
- People the organization knows (notification by one of the member included in the organization is required)
- Committee members
- Attendees who have already paid their registration fee in full at the moment of the invitation letter request
We cannot issue invitation letters for accompanying persons: in this case, we can only confirm that an accompanying person ticket has been paid for in the invitation letter of the participant who is regularly registered in the conference as a speaker/committee member.